Visa information

Who needs a visa

Foreign visitors are required to obtain a Russian visa to enter the country unless they hold the citizenship of a country that is party to a non-visa agreement with Russia, i.e. Abkhazia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, South Ossetia, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan. The visa procedure is rather lengthy, and all foreign participants are advised to contact the host party for visa support at least one and a half month prior to their expected entry to Russia.

Applying for invitation

The first step to obtain a Russian visa is to apply for a formal invitation from the host party, which for the purposes of the Triple Helix International Conference 2014 is TUSUR University. To apply for a formal invitation, please send a scan of your passport (which must be valid for at least 6 months after the end of your visit) and this completed form to Invitations are issued by the Russian Federal Migration Service, which reserves 30 days to process applications.

EU citizens (excluding the Republic of Ireland and the UK) and citizens of Switzerland, Iceland and the Kingdom of Norway require only an official invitation issued by the university, not by the Russian Federal Migration Service. Such invitations are issued within five business days.

Please note that university invitations and issued visas may not be used for tourist purposes.

Applying for visa

After the invitation is issued, it will be mailed to you by TUSUR University. You will need to contact the Russian Embassy in your home country to find out whether any additional documents are required for your visa. Once you receive your invitation, you will be able to submit your application for the Russian visa to the Embassy. Provided that all documents are ready and valid, the visa is normally issued within 3—10 business days.

Registration with the Migration Service

All foreigners staying in Russia longer than seven days are required to register with the Federal Migration Service. Registration of a foreign citizen is the responsibility of the hotel where such person stays, or otherwise of the host party, for this purpose, the Division of International Cooperation of TUSUR University.

Please address any and all questions regarding your visa and registration to